Ok, you’ve read my blog about how to behave professionally whilst at a networking event and you are confident that you are making the best impression you can, now what?
How do you make the most out of your time attending a networking event?
Here are a few quick tips to help you get more out of your networking:
- Be specific about who you would like to receive referrals to using open questions. Such as “Who do you know who provides the best LinkedIn training courses?”. This open-ended question is much better than a close-ended question such as “Do you know anyone who provides LinkedIn training?” which could just result in a yes/no answer.
- If possible, if there is somebody at the event that has experienced your product/service and who would be willing to endorse you, ask them to talk about how good it was. Word of mouth and recommendations make a huge difference face to face and online too!
- Listen – full body listening, not just half an ear on a conversation, but pay proper attention to someone, not only might you learn more but they will respect you more too.
- Use the right wrappers – talk about people to HR, money to finance people etc as they will value the conversation more if it relates to them or their situation.
- Offer a discount code or sample product to the members of the networking group as this may encourage them to experience what you offer, which in turn will increase the chances of them referring people onto you for even more work.
- Make sure your mobile phone is off – don’t get distracted by call or email notifications, it’s rude!
- Ask other people at the event if they know anyone else at the event they think you should meet, and if so, could they introduce you.
Nothing beats speaking to someone face to face, there I said it! But do make sure you make the best of that time, that you meet the right people and you go ready to fully engage otherwise you won’t get the results you should.
Do let us know in the comments below if you have any great tips.
via Business Articles | Business 2 Community http://ift.tt/2lL1LQO